Here's Why Ariana Grande Might Be This Year's Best Artist
Ariana Grande is one of the five artists contending for the highly coveted Best Artist award at the 2018 MTV EMA. She's had good luck at the EMA in the past—she won Best Female Artist, Best Song and Best US Act. Does she have what it takes to win the Best Artist award this year?
It's clear that 2018 has been huge for Ariana and there are soo many reasons she deserves the Best Artist award. Here are ten of them.
1) Sweetener, was one of the most buzzworthy albums of the year. Ariana used the album to showcase a whole new range of vocals, which make the songs of Sweetener literally some of her sweetest-sounding ever. Meanwhile, Ari's sensual whispers and breathy sighs make Sweetener her most provocative album yet.
— Ariana Grande (@ArianaGrande) June 20, 2018
2) Ariana has impressive writing credits to flaunt. She co-wrote 10 out of the 15 songs on Sweetenerincluding "get well soon" and "God is a woman."
3) She gave use a much-needed dose of positivity by releasing the uplifting anthem, "no tears left to cry."
4) "God is a woman" is one of the most powerful songs of the year. Ari has shown us all the it's cool to embrace your sexuality and celebrate womanhood.
5) Everything about her VMAs performance of 'God is a woman' slayed. The combination of mesmerizing choreography, a diverse cast of dancers and Ariana's live vocals gave us life for the next century.
6) Even in the midst of releasing an album and getting engaged, Ariana has continued to take time to show love and support for her fans on social media
the energy u put out is exactly what u get back,
please create a beautiful life for yourselves
— Ariana Grande (@ArianaGrande) July 23, 2018
love u i’m thinking of u
— Ariana Grande (@ArianaGrande) September 20, 2018
7) She wrote a soulful ballad, "get well soon," to help her fans get through hard times.
— Ariana Grande (@ArianaGrande) August 19, 2018
8) Ariana teamed up with Troye Sivan and gave us the perfect song to dance to, 'Dance To This.'
9) She's collabed with Nicki Minaj not once but twice this year to create two bangers, "Bed" and "the light is coming."
10) Every music video she's been in this year is flawless.
the 2018 mtv emas will air on monday, 5th november from 6am - only on mtv!
Check out some of the highlights from last year...
12 Of The Most ~Stunning~ Hair & Beauty Looks From The 2017 MTV EMA
1 of 12
2 of 12
3 of 12
4 of 12
5 of 12
6 of 12
7 of 12
8 of 12
9 of 12
10 of 12
11 of 12
12 of 12