Nice One: QLD Lifts Major Lockdown Restrictions A Week Early, Meaning Proper House Parties Are Back On
Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk has “taken her hat off” to Queenslanders for their efforts in managing the spread of COVID-19 ahead of today’s (Friday, July 3) easing up on restrictions, reports the ABC.
From midday today, Queenslanders will enter into phase three of Scott Morrison's plan to get Australia out of lockdown, a week ahead of schedule. Nice one.
Queensland has had a strong health response, meaning we can ease restrictions early and focus on our plan for economic recovery. More info on our roadmap: https://t.co/T3sQYSQ7Sk
— Annastacia Palaszczuk (@AnnastaciaMP) July 2, 2020
Your guide to Queenland's eased restrictions from today, just below..
- Up to 100 guests can attend weddings, funerals, house parties and fitness classes
- Contact community sports will be allowed to start up again, with no limits on outside spectators, given social distancing measures are still undertaken
- The 20-person limit per space will be lifted at pubs, clubs, restaurants and cafes. Larger venues will need to allow for four square metres of floor space per patron. Smaller venues will be allowed one person per two square metres up to a maximum of 50 for venues between 100 and 200 square metres
- Commercial events of up to 500 people can go ahead without permission from the Chief Health Officer
- Stadiums will be allowed to fill up to 50 per cent capacity or hold a max of 25,000 spectators, tops
- Gaming lounges (pokies etc.) will reopen
As for travel, Queensland's border will reopen to all states and territories (apart from anyone coming from Victoria) from July 10. Anyone travelling from VIC to QLD will need to complete a mandatory 14-day hotel quarantine at their own expense.
If your head is a little scrambled, make sure you pop over to WHO.int to get all of your official COVID-19 updates.
Main Image Credit: The Great Gatsby, Village Roadshow
bored at home...? catch the entire series of jersey shore: family vacation here…
Some Celebrities Who Have Tested Positive For Coronavirus...
All The Celebrities Who Have Tested Positive For Coronavirus Positive
Getty1 of 10
Getty2 of 10
Getty3 of 10
Getty4 of 10
Getty5 of 10
Getty6 of 10
Getty7 of 10
Getty8 of 10
Getty9 of 10
Getty10 of 10