10 Reasons Drake Might Be This Year's Best Artist
Drake is going up against Ariana Grande, Dua Lipa, Post Malone and Camila Cabello for the Best Artist award at the 2018 EMA. When he released his fifth studio album, Scorpion, this summer, Drake reminded us why his music is some of the most-loved around the world.
So is Drake the best artist of the year? Here are ten reasons he might be.
1. Drake released his bop-heavy album, Scorpion, just in time to become THE soundtrack of the summer. From "Nice For What" to "I'm Upset" to "In My Feelings" to "God's Plan," Scorpion kept the summer vibes strong.
2. Scorpion is an example of genius music sampling. It's got Aaliyah on "Is There More," Mariah Carey on "Emotionless," Lauryn Hill on "Nice For What," Nicki Minaj on "That's What You Feel," and Boyz II Men on "March 14."
— Drizzy (@Drake) June 29, 2018
3. "In My Feelings" was such a big hit that it sparked an international dance craze, the #KikiChallenge, which made people do truly crazy things.
4. Drake amazingly used his "God's Plan" video as an opportunity to give away a million dollars to people. In an Instagram post he described the video as "the most important thing I have ever done in my career."
5. He proved, once and for all, that everyone loves their bed and their mama.
6. Drake's tea sipping in the "Nonstop" video made us LOL for days.
7. In August, Drake became the first artist to be streamed over 50 billion times across all streaming platforms.
8. Just when his "Hotline Bling" dance moves began to fade out of sight, Drake hit us with more endearing moves in the "Look Alive" video.
9. Drake gets vulnerable about being a father on tracks like "Emotionless" and "March 14." The tracks prove he can be honest and open in his art even when dealing with the most sensitive of issues.
10. Drake surprised everyone by featuring Michael Jackson on "Don't Matter To Me." The track perfectly showcases MJ's vocals from 1983.
When i heard Michael Jackson’s voice on Drake’s “Dont matter to me” pic.twitter.com/YVjfDBFDTk
— 01.21♒️ (@Tay_stay_fly) June 29, 2018
the 2018 mtv emas will air on monday, 5th november from 6am - only on mtv!
Check out some highlights from last year...
12 Of The Most ~Stunning~ Hair & Beauty Looks From The 2017 MTV EMA
1 of 12
2 of 12
3 of 12
4 of 12
5 of 12
6 of 12
7 of 12
8 of 12
9 of 12
10 of 12
11 of 12
12 of 12