MTV Classic Album!
It was a decade of big hair, jazzy dance moves and questionable clothing... but one thing's for sure - the music was unforgettable!
So with that in mind, MTV Classic and Sony Music have teamed up to bring you 'MTV Classic: 40 Classic Hits Of The 80s' available in stores and online right now.
Jam packed with hits from 40 iconic 80s acts, we thought we'd have some fun with the line up and play 'six degrees of separation.' Come join the joyride as we connect The Beach Boys and Duran Duran using artists featured on the album - some of the links may surprise you!
1. The Beach Boys’ Carl Wilson and Bruce Johnston provided backing vocals for ‘Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me,’ the first single from Elton John’s 1974 album ‘Caribou.’
2. Elton John won a Tony Award for Best Original Score for ‘AIDA’ in 2000. Boy George’s musical ‘Taboo’ was nominated for the same award in 2004.
3. Boy George and George Michael recently ended their well-publicised 20-year feud, which began after the openly gay Boy George criticised Michael for not coming out as homosexual in the 80s. Boy George was recently quoted as saying “we’ve exchanged emails…things are pretty good between us”
4. George Michael and Cyndi Lauper have both performed at Sydney Mardi Gras festival’s official after party, with Lauper taking the stage in 2008 and Michael wowing the crowd in 2010.
5. At various points in their careers, Cyndi Lauper and Annie Lennox have enlisted the expertise of the same vocal coach, Katie Agresta.
6. Annie Lennox and Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran fame both have model daughters. Tali Lennox, Annie’s 18-year-old daughter, has modeled for Burberry, Prada, Miu Miu, Missoni and Chanel while 19-year-old Amber Le Bon has fronted campaigns for Moschino and River Island.
See, wasn't that fun?! With a track listing like that you'll be getting this album out of your dreams and into your car in no time...
Download it right now via iTunes!