I Re-Watched The First Episode Of 'Jersey Shore' & Have Some Important Observations
Jersey Shore is back in our lives as the gang have all reunited to take a family vacation together. And tbh, we’ve never felt more complete.
But as the excitement hit, the shock of how much of the first episode I couldn’t remember also surprised me. What was this? Who even am I? So I immediately headed back to 2010 and it turns out I have a BUNCH of thoughts about it...
1. omg jenni’s tagline
“After I have sex with a guy I will rip their heads off.”
2. Pauly D looks exactly the same...
The amount of hair gel he brought to the house was INSANE.
3. Snooki’s makeup is a thing of dreams...
I miss seeing that on a weekly basis tbh.
4. Mike really did have a situation
Those abs were great.
5. But wow he couldn’t have loved himself more...
6. Remember when grinding was a thing?
God we feel old.
7. And wearing shorts on a night out?
8. They’re kinda anti non-Jersey shore folk...
“If you’re not a guido you can get the f*ck outta my face.”
9. We don’t remember Vinnie hating everything Pauly D was about...
10. jwoww was actually terrifying...
And those blonde extensions. Amazing.
11. Ronnie didn’t want to fall in love at the Jersey Shore...
Cue day two...and the seven years that followed.
12. angelina had a boyfriend?
13. god i want italian food...
4. i wonder how many lip balms they went through?
Keepin’ Carmex in business.
15. I do not remember that they were pretty much all from New York...
Holly Hagan got so much beef for being from Middlesbrough and not Newcastle when she started on Geordie Shore.
16. wow vinnie had high standards...
“Sammi isn’t the hottest girl, I would expect someone hotter.” Okay judgey.
17. vinnie just called himself vwoww...
18. snooki fancied ronnie...
19. Has Angelina packed her clothes in a bin bag?
Oh yes she has.
20. Watching Snooki get drunk is like watching a car crash about to happen...
DON’T DO IT SNOOKS.
21. Didn’t the furniture on the roof get wet when it rained?
Was it some poor guy’s job to move it?
22. We can’t watch Snooki in the hot tub...
23. Ah the sweet sound of the duck phone...
How I’ve missed it. Can you still buy them?
24. Snooki trying to work out the phone is a highlight of life...
I want to watch that every day for the rest of time.
25. It’s so strange that Mike and Sammi had a thing...
It’s giving me anxiety.
26. Now that I’m older, I kinda fancy Danny the store owner...
Is that weird?
27. they were all such good cooks....
28. was mike secretly a feminist?
Pauly insisted that “Girls are supposed to cook and guy are supposed to eat, that’s how it is. But Mike did his thing." HE COOKED YOU GUYS.
29. oh never mind...
He’s now ‘fishing’ for girls.
30. they just picked up random girls from their balcony....
They didn’t even leave the house.
31. WAS THAT THE FIRST THREE-WAY KISS TO BE ON TV?
I feel like I just witnessed history.
32. Sam’s Chanel bag is very Lauren Conrad circa 2009...
What a great fashion era. Lol not.
33. pauly is 29 in this???
WHAT? MIND BLOWN.
34. how old is he now?
Huh, he’s 37.
35. What skin care does he use?
Because holy moly he looks great.
36. Snooki’s hair was a thing of genius...
37. Imagine if she had actually left the Shore?
The entire world would have been different.
38. That was the best 40 minutes of my week tbh...
BRING ON THE FAMILY VACATION.
Jersey Shore: Family Vacation starts Friday April 6 at 10am au/12pm NZ - only on MTV!
For more check out where are they now: the cast of Jersey Shore below...
Where Are They Now: The Cast Of Jersey Shore
Snooki continued her run on reality TV after Jersey shore with ‘Snooki & Jwoww’, appeared on ‘Dancing With The Stars’, 'WWE Monday Night Raw' and competed in ‘Celebrity Apprentice'. She’s also just released her 5th book and has two kids with hubby Jionni!1 of 7
After JS, The Situation appeared on reality TV shows like ‘Worst Cooks in America’ and ‘Marriage Bootcamp: Reality Stars’, but was later charged with tax fraud and evasion. He’s now engaged to his college gf, Lauren Pesce.2 of 7
Deena joined Jersey Shore season three and made a BIG impression on the show. In 2014, she appeared on ‘Couples Therapy’ and in 2017, she married Christopher Buckner.3 of 7
After Jersey Shore, Pauly D had his own spin-off ‘The Pauly D Project,’ and began a successful career as a DJ before joining the cast of 2016’s ‘Famously Single.’4 of 7
After Jersey Shore wrapped, Sammi Sweetheart endorsed a couple of fragrances and launched a clothing line called ‘Sweetheart Styles.’ In 2015, she became the host of a podcast called ‘Just Sayin’.5 of 7
After officially parting ways with on-and-off girlfriend Sammi in 2014, Ronnie began living it up in LA and even dating his ‘Famously Single’ co-star, Malika Haqq. Judging by his insta he’s still keeping in great shape and is keeping it pretty classy.6 of 7
After the success of Jersey Shore, Vinny focused on acting. He appeared in 'The Hard Times of RJ Berger,' '90210,' 'Jersey Shore Shark Attack' and his own show, 'The Show With Vinny.' He also launched a clothing line for charity and his own book.7 of 7