18 Of Mariah Carey's Sassiest Diva Moments
Mariah Carey isn't like the rest of us. Just to even suggest that is atrocious darling.
While it's no secret that the singer is an icon, she is definitely known for her ultimate diva antics.
Whether shes buying a first class plane ticket for her dogs, or refusing to exit a vehicle without a red carpet present, there is never a dull moment in the glamourous life of Mimi.
So sit back, and get ready to hashtag #CantRelate, because we've got 18 of Mariah's sassiest, Diva moments...
1. The time(s) she made her staff roll her to stage in a chair
when you have 18 number one songs, do you REALLY have to walk?
2. When she yelled at one of her backup singers for singing a little bit louder than her
During a 2008 GMA performance of Touch My Body, Mariah's backup vocalist was singing way a tad too loud for her liking. Mariah hit back mid song saying "Stop singing my part now, baby."
3. When she asked James Packer for an 'Inconvenience Fee' after they broke up
E! reported that Mariah asked billionaire James Packer for a $65 million fee for making her move across the country during their engagement. Honestly how dare you James.
4. When she played Fantasy during her twins birth so it was the first thing they heard entering the world
As if you wouldn't want that sweet sweet voice being played as you exit the womb? Mariah admitted she played a live performance of Fantasy complete with applause so her it could be the first thing her kids heard.
5. When she stormed out of President Obama's inauguration because she wasn't seated on the same table as the President
It's not just the president that rules the world, its also Mariah... and whoever does the seating chart needs to know that.
6. When she said she didn't know who Jennifer Lopez was
Who can forget this infamous moment. In the early 2000's, when asked about pop princesses Beyonce and JLo, Mariah said the iconic quote "I DONT KNOW HER."
Re-ignited 15 years later on The Wendy Williams show, Jlo called Mariah "forgetful", claiming that they have infact met many times.
7. When she wore Couture on the subway
She's inspiring us commoners to aim higher in life.
8. When she refused to be seen under fluorescent lighting without sunglasses
honestly, bad lighting is for peasants
9. That time she wore fishnets and high heels to the gym
Because you never know when you might be photographed.
10. The time she had to 'rough it' without hot tea
Don't promise Mariah something you can't live up to. In her 2018 NY performance, Mimi discovered there was no hot tea waiting for her, despite the fact that she was specifically told that there would be hot tea.
Next time you're going through a crisis, just remember: If Mariah can make it through without her hot tea, you can make it through anything.
just to recap here is Mariah Carey asking for hot tea before her NYE performancepic.twitter.com/MgLWqeObcz
— kenny 🍑 (@imkennybrian) January 1, 2018
11. How she revealed she doesn't have a birthday
Still to this day, no one know show old the pop-princess actually is. She told Complex "I was just dropped here".
12. That time Mariah had to fly commercial
Imagine you got on your plane and you were seated next to Mariah....Lol just kidding. When she found out back in 2008 that the low-budget movie she was filming could only accomodate for coach, she booked out the entire plane so she could enjoy it all to herself.
13. How she gives a reported $33,000 a month to her boyfriend to buy her presents
In an article by the Daily Mail, they alleged that since her backup dancer boyfee cant afford her gifting taste, she funds all the present purchases.
14. The time she discussed mass shootings while sprawled on the sofa infront of a christmas tree
In an 2017 Good Morning Britain interview, Piers Morgan asked Mariah what she thought of the Las Vegas shooting. Mariah gave her answer while lying on a sofa in a red dress, surrounded by festive trees.
Clearly someone didn't give her the memo.
15. When she refused to exit her Limosuine without a red carpet
LOL don't tell me you expect her to step out onto the floor. In 2005, Mariah had reservations at the Baglioni Hotel in London. However, the singer refused to exit her vehicle until the hotel provided her with a red carpet and white candles. We can definitely relate to this.... right?
16. When she bought a first class plane ticket... for her dogs
Mariah's pets have higher diva status than most of us ever will. But in 2006, Mariah bought two $2000 plane tickets for her beloved chums, which is definitely something we would do.
17. When she wore a glitter gown to the public park
Being a new mum can be daunting sometimes. You want to make sure you make a good impression on the other Mums so they don't feel intimated by you.
18. How she sleeps in a room full of steam to preserve her vocal chords
Looking back I guess this isn't really working out for Mimi, but Carey is known to sleep in a bedroom with 20 humidifiers to care for her voice. The bedroom has also been specifically built to have a towelled, sloped ceiling which allows the water to be soaked up and dripped down the sides.
Never change Mimi, never change.
- Jeremy Gonsalves
Mariah Carey uses Airbnb just like you! …but this ain't your average rental
1 of 11
2 of 11
3 of 11
4 of 11