14 Everyday Situations That Will Make Every Awkward Person Die A Little Inside
Do you know what's embarrassing? LIFE is embarrassing, especially when you're a naturally awkward person.
If you relate to that then prepare to die a little on the inside just thinking about these cringe-inducing everyday scenarios we've all experienced.
1. When you want to hold the door open for someone because it would be plain rude if you didn't but they're just that little bit too far behind you and now you have to make them run while you wait and you wish you'd just never needed the door in the first place oh sweet life take me now.
2. Oh, or how about when you walk through, like, three doors behind someone and have to say thank you every time - or maybe you don’t but you feel like you should and it’s just such a humiliatingly weird part of social boundaries. Where’s the rule that door number one is followed by a booming “THANK YOU, FOR THIS AND ALL DOORS WE MAY TOGETHER ENCOUNTER.”
3. When there's a problem at the self service till and you have to wait for someone to come over and there's a queue of people eye rolling and hurumphing and now everyone's very aware that it's Friday night and you're buying five bags of Malteasers and an entire Viennetta for one... F this life.
4. When you offer someone your seat on the bus because they look old AF and they say no thanks and you wonder if they're actually pretty young and super offended because time has really not been kind to them.
5. When you say goodbye to someone very finally, only to realise you're both going the same way and then have to make awkward conversation and fake a new route home so you don't have to talk to them for any longer than is absolutely necessary - but mainly so you can eat the secret snacks in your bag.
6. When your iPhone defaults to the big kiss and it is TOO MUCH TOO SOON
7. When you go to lock your phone in the middle of someone's dull Snapchat story and accidentally butterfingers a screenshot of it instead and know that that person will now think you're obsessed with them and their stupid avocado salad.
8. When you're singing along to the music in your headphones and you get a word wrong. Everyone on the entire street knows and is judging you.
9. Omg when someone gives you a gift and then makes you open it in front of them and you have to conjure up all these EMOTIONS instead of putting it to the side straight away / checking it for cash.
10. When anybody near you starts crying.
11. Going to the loo after someone's made a smell and trying to be in and out so quickly so nobody thinks it was you.
12. When you go to hold the pole on the bus/train but touch somebody else's hand instead. Welcome to the sex offender's register.
13. When someone's waving at you and you wave back but they weren't waving at you at all and WHY HAVEN'T YOU MELTED INTO A PUDDLE OF DEATH YET PLEASE LIFE.
14. When you go to show someone hot a picture on your phone and your camera roll is full of screengrabs and SOME OF THEM ARE OF THAT PERSON omg never leaving the house again.
- Kate Lucey
14 Times Kris Jenner Wasn't A Regular Mum, But A Cool Mum...
14 Times Kris Jenner Wasn't A Regular Mum, But A Cool Mum