Liam Payne’s friend reportedly in hospital after fire at One Direction star’s home
A friend of One Direction heartthrob Liam Payne was reportedly rushed to hospital yesterday after a fire broke out on the balcony of the singer’s London apartment.
Several media outlets are reporting that the star’s pal has suffered second-degree burns to his upper body, but according to E! News Liam was unharmed.
The young man was allegedly trying to refuel an outdoor heater on the terrace when the blaze started, but the ‘Best Song Ever’ singer is said to have been in the kitchen at the time – rushing out to help douse the flames and riding in the ambulance to the hospital with his friend.
Although the fire brigade turned up to help control the blaze, the Daily Mail reports that the star’s balcony was destroyed by the flames.
“Firefighters worked quickly and professionally to get the fire under control as quickly as possible. About 30 people left the building before we arrived and were not injured,” fire station manager Laurie Kenny told the Mirror.
Liam, who was in attendance at the ‘2013 MTV Video Music Awards’ in New York earlier last week, returned home to London in time to celebrate his 20th birthday on August 29.