#TBT: 11 Travel Truths We Learnt From Eurotrip
You'll be hard pressed to find a noughties kid, or anyone with a sense of humour for travel anecdotes, that hasn't seen the teen comedy, Eurotrip.
Not only just bringing all of the LOLs, the 2004 film recreates so many travel truths that everyone comes across when they head to Europe for the first time.
Whether you're on a Busabout trip with your best mates, or backpacking solo for six months, you're going to want to read these 11 travel truths we dreamed up with Flight Centre (followed shortly after by re-watching all your favourite scenes.)
1. Look out for British pubs full of football fanatics
They could kidnap you on a pilgrimage to Paris.
2. Don't make the only reason you check out Amsterdam be legalised hash brownies
Amsterdam is full of historic museums, stunning canals, a Royal Palace as well as a vibrant, thriving nightlife. Take full advantage of your short stay or soak up each feature with an extended adventure.
3. Think twice before taking your clothes off at a well-known nudist beach
It will be solely full of naked men.
4. Street performers take their job super seriously:
Even if you're better at doing 'The Robot'.
5. Don't hitch hike
Especially if you flash to get the ride.
6. ...and travel with someone who actually knows the language
"He's going to Berlin!"
7. Always remember the 'safe word'
8. Absinthe, the real stuff, is not to be messed with...
The Green Fairy will appear, and it won't be Kylie Minogue.
9. Don't believe everything a handsome European tells you:
He's probably married.
10. Always keep your valuables, especially your passport, on you at all times:
In Frommer, we trust.
11. Finally, if you're travelling in a group, please make sure you book a private cabin in advance to avoid encounters such as this:
Most of all we learnt if you pick up and leave spontaneously with zero planning, a whole host of things can, and will, go wrong. An itinerary never hurt anyone.