Paul McCartney reveals tracklisting for ‘New’ solo album
Paul McCartney is getting set to drop his first album of brand new solo material in six years next month, and is building anticipation further still by releasing the tracklisting for the much-hyped record, titled ‘New.’
The legendary singer has worked with some incredible producers on the album including Paul Epworth, Ethan Johns, Giles Martin and the exceptionally talented Mark Ronson.
“The original idea was to go to a couple of producers whose work I loved, to see who I got on with best - but it turned out I got on with all of them!” explained McCartney in a statement.
“We made something really different with each producer, so I couldn’t choose and ended up working with all four. We just had a good time in different ways.”
Speaking of the 12-track album, Paul shared: “It's funny, when I play people the album they’re surprised it’s me. A lot of the tracks are quite varied and not necessarily in a style you'd recognise as mine.
“I didn't want it to all sound the same. I really enjoyed making this album. It's always great to get a chance to get into the studio with a bunch of new songs and I was lucky to work with some very cool producers. We had a lot of fun.”
The album is set for release on October 11 and is available for pre-order now.
Paul McCartney ‘New’ album tracklisting:
1. Save Us (produced by Paul Epworth)
2. Alligator (produced by Mark Ronson)
3. On My Way to Work (produced by Giles Martin)
4. Queenie Eye (produced by Paul Epworth)
5. Early Days (produced by Ethan Johns)
6. New (produced by Mark Ronson)
7. Appreciate (produced by Giles Martin)
8. Everybody Out There (produced by Giles Martin)
9. Hosanna (produced by Ethan Johns)
10. I Can Bet (produced by Giles Martin)
11. Looking At Her (produced by Giles Martin)
12. Road (produced by Giles Martin)