13 Thoughts I Had While Trying Glamping For The First Time
As a kid my parents packed me and my siblings up in the car and took us camping in a humble tent all over Australia at any chance they got.
But as I grew older the novelty of getting in touch with ~Mother Nature~ waned and trips out into the vast unknown of this beautiful country became less frequent.
In recent years a new trend has emerged called 'glamping' and while it's certainly not the gruff, in the sticks camping I grew up on, there has to be something said about the fact that it's getting people back out exploring Oz.
So after years of overseas holidays to Europe, America and Asia, I decided to get back to my roots and give glamping a go. Albeit this time with a little bit more luxury.
Here are 13 thoughts I had while trying glamping at the Naked Cubby Collective at Canberra's Mount Majura Vineyard.
1. "They want me to sample some of the Mount Majura wines before 'roughing it'? I LOVE GLAMPING ALREADY."
2. "Note to self: when I get home ask landlord if I can start growing vines inside my apartment."
3. "I literally haven't breathed fresh air in months. Is this really what it smells like?!"
4. "Oh I have to walk to the top of that hill to get to the glamping tent? Ok, it's fine I need to work off that wine and cheese anyway."
5. "This decor is STUNNING. Gwyneth Paltrow and GOOP would be quaking right now."
6. "Dinner is served! Cheese, wine, and a gourmet Schmicnic hamper. I am literally in heaven."
7. "Ok so when I went camping as a little kid I had to sleep on a blow-up bed that would slowly deflate throughout the night until I woke in the morning with various rocks poking me in the back. BUT THEY HAVE A SEALY KING SIZE BED!!! I don't ever want to leave this place. Do you think they'll let me live here?"
8. "Ummm I just checked my phone and it's -3 degrees. Are we going to freeze to death tonight? Nup, there is an actual fireplace in here! Light it up bois!"
9. "And yes I will be pouring myself another wine to warm me up."
10. "Gooooood morning world. That was the cosiest sleep of my life. And how is this for a view to wake up to. This place is magical."
11. "Time for a breakfast of champions...pastries. Mmmmm."
12. "Saying hi to the locals on their morning run."
13. "Do other people know that Canberra is this great? Should I tell them? I am officially converted. Hi my name is Lisa Hamilton and I am a glamper."