Just days after news broke of Vanessa Hudgens split with boyfriend of 8 years, Austin Butler, there has been an interesting new development.
The 28-year-old actor is currently Down Under filming the hotly anticipated Elvis Presley biopic and according to a fan sighting he has been spending time with his co-star, Aussie actress, Olivia DeJonge.
According to an anonymous tip off, we've learned that Austin was allegedly spotted at the open-air cinema in Melbourne just after Christmas on the 27th December. The fan also claims he was there with Olivia looking ~very cosy~. Oop.
Look we don't want to read too deep into this, the pair are acting alongside each other, playing Elvis and his wife Priscilla, so it makes total sense that they would form a close bond. But this wouldn't be the first time co-stars have fallen in love on set. Ahem hellooooo Liam Hemsworth and Miley Cyrus.
Whether this is the reason behind Austin and Vanessa's split, is still all speculation. According to E! News, a source has cited distance as the cause of their breakup.
“They’re just shooting on two different continents and it’s a matter of distance,” said the source. “There is no bad blood at all, and they have a lot of respect for each other.”
We guess only time will tell to see if Austin and Olivia are more than just work buddies.
Main Image Credit: Licensed by Getty
- Picking FavouritesOn our final day of publishing, we reflect on the best stories we’ve ever done.05/11/2021
- Pressing Questions With Alice GriffinPressing Questions is, undoubtedly, the hardest column of all time. Here, on our very last day of publishing, MTV Australia editor Alice Griffin tries her hand at answering the tricky questions that we so blatantly put on others.05/11/2021
- Pressing Questions With Reena GuptaPressing Questions is, undoubtedly, the hardest column of all time. Here, on our very last day of publishing, MTV writer Reena Gupta tries her hand at answering the tricky questions that we so blatantly put on others.05/11/2021
- Pressing Questions With Jackson LangfordPressing Questions is, undoubtedly, the hardest column of all time. Here, on our very last day of publishing, MTV writer Jackson Langford tries his hand at answering the tricky questions that we so blatantly put on others.05/11/2021
- Courtney Barnett Is On The FenceAt a time when opinion is currency, Courtney Barnett is one of the few public figures who doesn’t claim to have all the answers. Instead, her new album, ‘Things Take Time, Take Time’, muses on modern life with all its complexities, frustrations and beauty.05/11/2021
- 17 Months Of Incredible Australian MusicWriter Jackson Langford tips his hat to the Aussie songs he loved most over the past year and a bit.04/11/2021