Live music is one of Melbourne’s greatest artistic bastions; and at a time of unprecedented challenges for artists, we're keen to help celebrate and support Melbourne’s iconic music scene.
That’s why MTV Australia is teaming up with Fed Square to create FED LIVE, a new competition for emerging Victorian musicians.
The competition will see the public vote for their favourite music video from artist submissions, with the winner set to score prizes valued at over $100k!
Get all the deets below...
What Is FED LIVE?
FED LIVE is a competition for emerging Victorian artists (of any genre) keen to show off their budding talents and throw their hat in the ring for a life-changing prize!
How Do I Enter?
FED LIVE is accepting music video submissions from Tuesday, October 27 'til Sunday, November 8 at 11.59pm. Keep an eye on the FED LIVE website for more details in the coming days!
How Will You Choose A Winner?
A panel will review all submissions before picking ten finalists.
The selection process will then move to the public square! Voting will be open to members of the public from Friday November 13 – Friday November 27. During that time, finalists will be showcased on fedsquare.com.
The final winner will be announced on Monday 2nd November, 2020*.
What's This Prize Pack Then?
The winner will receive a killer prize package, which includes:
- $5,000 cash
- A 30-minute concert at Fed Square’s Deakin Edge theatre, presented by Fed Square as part of Melbourne Music Week 2020, to be livestreamed on fedsquare.com and the Digital Façade (the big screen overlooking Fed Square) on Saturday 22nd November, 2020 at 8pm
- A featured front page on fedsquare.com
- An interview on Anything But Square, the Fed Square podcast
- The winning music video featured and played on the Digital Façade daily throughout next December and January
- Three exclusive 30-minute career mentoring sessions with A&R representatives from Reclusive Records/Mushroom Group
But wait, there's more! We'll also be hooking the winner up with...
- A tailored publicity and radio campaign with Ditto Music, as well as a potential distribution deal which includes pitching to Spotify, Apple Music and other DSP curated playlists
- MTV playlist addition on one of three music channels, MTV Hits, Club MTV or MTV Classic (depending on the winning artist's genre) on Foxtel and Fetch
Do Voters Get Anything For Their Trouble?
Yes! All members of the public who vote for their favourite videos will go into the running to win $1,000 – a winner will be randomly picked on Monday 2nd November, 2020* and take home the dosh!
Where Can I Get More Info?
Get more info about FED LIVE right here.
*Competition dates may be subject to change, pending Victorian Government restrictions to counter the coronavirus pandemic
Main Image Credit: Priscilla Du Preez, Unsplash
All The Best Looks From The 2020 VMAs 'Red Carpet'...