In what sounds like actual isolation hell, Kristin Cavallari and Jay Jutler are apparently still living together despite filing for divorce earlier this week.
According to People, the estranged couple have been living together in their Nashville home since returning from a trip to the Bahamas with their kids in early April.
Like the rest of the world, the Cutler-Cavallari clan are bunkering down and self isolating together to curb the coronavirus spread. Though multiple insiders have actually said it’s basically no bother to them because their house “"is so huge they don't have much interaction." And "They only talk about things that are related to the kids”.
From the sounds of things the pair are focused on co-parenting their 3 kids; Camden, 7, Jaxon, 5 and Saylor, 4.
After 10 years together, in a shock announcement the couple revealed they had decided to end their marriage. The separation at first seemed amicable between the pair as each of them shared instagram posts expressing that they “have nothing but love and respect for one another”.
But the legal documents tell a VERY different story.
In terms of the grounds of separation, Cutler cites "irreconcilable differences," while Cavallari cites both "irreconcilable differences" and "inappropriate marital conduct." In her filing, Cavallari claimed Cutler "is guilty of such inappropriate marital conduct as renders further cohabitation unsafe and improper."
In the last season of their reality series, Very Cavallari, the pair addressed swirling rumours of an affair between Jay and Kristin’s, now ex-BFF Kelly Henderson, but both always adamantly denied the allegations.
But according to Marlene Eskind Moses, a certified family law trial specialist, “marital misconduct" is a commonly used term in divorce filings in the state and can include a variety of things.
"It can be somewhat benign with an already crumbling relationship or it can be more extensive depending on what the actual facts and/or allegations are," she told PEOPLE "It can be anything from verbal abuse to physical harm, extramarital affairs, to financial withholding, to excessive sex, abnormal sex. ... The term is very expansive. It's pretty much a catch-all."
And it’s not the only thing the pair can’t agree on. While Kristin is asking for full custody of their 3 kids, Jay is requesting joint custody.
We have a feeling things aren’t going as smoothly as we all thought but nonetheless we wish the family best of luck during this difficult period.
Main Image Credit: Licensed by Getty
Here's What All Your Faves From The Hills Are Doing Now
- Picking FavouritesOn our final day of publishing, we reflect on the best stories we’ve ever done.05/11/2021
- Pressing Questions With Alice GriffinPressing Questions is, undoubtedly, the hardest column of all time. Here, on our very last day of publishing, MTV Australia editor Alice Griffin tries her hand at answering the tricky questions that we so blatantly put on others.05/11/2021
- Pressing Questions With Reena GuptaPressing Questions is, undoubtedly, the hardest column of all time. Here, on our very last day of publishing, MTV writer Reena Gupta tries her hand at answering the tricky questions that we so blatantly put on others.05/11/2021
- Pressing Questions With Jackson LangfordPressing Questions is, undoubtedly, the hardest column of all time. Here, on our very last day of publishing, MTV writer Jackson Langford tries his hand at answering the tricky questions that we so blatantly put on others.05/11/2021
- Courtney Barnett Is On The FenceAt a time when opinion is currency, Courtney Barnett is one of the few public figures who doesn’t claim to have all the answers. Instead, her new album, ‘Things Take Time, Take Time’, muses on modern life with all its complexities, frustrations and beauty.05/11/2021
- 17 Months Of Incredible Australian MusicWriter Jackson Langford tips his hat to the Aussie songs he loved most over the past year and a bit.04/11/2021